Whole-Grain Blueberry Muffins for Mother’s Day!
In honor of Mother's Day, bake a batch of these whole-grain blueberry muffins. Packed with nutty whole-wheat flour, speckled with bright blueberries and lemon zest, this recipe is for the health-conscious mom that loves a treat.
What You'll Need:
(Makes 12 muffins)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of light brown sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sour cream (or full-fat greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. And lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tray. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt together.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, beat the egg, sugar, butter, sour cream and vanilla extract together, until smooth.
Step 3: Add the blueberries and lemon zest to the dry-ingredient bowl. Toss to coat.
Step 4: Pour the egg mixture into the dry-ingredient bowl. Mix until well-incorporated.
Step 5: Divide the batter equally into your pre-greased muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes or until tops are golden. Allow to cool completely before servings.